GLR TK through 5th Grade Parents:
The Li’l Mustang After School Program will be available again this year! We are also introducing a morning option. Children can be dropped off at the school at 7:15 and will be released for breakfast at 7:45.
The Lil Mustang after school program will be located in the George Elementary multipurpose room, and will be run by our program supervisors Kendra Reitsma and Taylor Jumbeck. Kayla Gerloff will be the volunteer program director working with The Li’l Mustang board of directors.
The program will be an extension of the GLR school district with the purpose of providing before and after school supervision and guidance for TK through 5th grade students. The program is available from 7:15-7:45am and between the time school is dismissed until 6 p.m. There will be various supervised activities each day along with an after-school snack. From time to time there will be special programs provided by other agencies within our community.
The board of directors has developed the following set of guidelines for attendance:
1. All students attending the program need to be registered by their parents or guardians.
2. Parents or guardians will be required to schedule care times for the following week each Wednesday.
3. The cost of the programming will be $2 per scheduled morning per student, $3 per scheduled afternoon per student, or $4 per scheduled day (morning and afternoon care) per student. Students will be charged for scheduled days.
4. All students will remain at the program site until they are picked up by a parent, guardian or someone previously designated. Students must be picked up by 6 p.m. each day. Failure to do so will result in a charge of $1 per minute after 6 p.m.
5. All students will be provided with a daily snack.
6. All students will be responsible to the attending staff; misbehavior will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the program.
7. All fees must be paid on the last care day of school week. Payment will be in cash only.
8. Drop-in students are welcome but the cost will be $5 per unscheduled day.
9. The program will be available whenever there are scheduled classes. The program will be offered on early out Fridays with the hours being 1:50 p.m. until 6 p.m.
10. Student pickups will be made using the North multi-purpose room door.
11. A contact number for the program will be provided to all parents during the first week of operation.
Please contact Kayla Gerloff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to sign up your child for the first week of school. Forms can be submitted on the first day of care.
If you would like information about GLR schools or if there is any way we can assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to give you more information about any of our schools.
Latest News & Announcements
We are offering a live informational series for candidates to get up-to-speed on a range of elections-related topics. These…
Directions for Online registration below or watch this video. Click here for: 2019-20 Registration This will bring you to…
George-Little Rock Community Schools Offers Contract to New Interim Superintendent
The George-Little Rock Board of Education is pleased to announce…
The GLR Community School District is accepting sealed bids for a 2008 Bluebird six-cylinder, diesel bus with 174,835 miles.
Congratulations to the Class of 2019
“I will continue my path, but I will keep a memory always.”
– Rosie Thomas,…
Get ready for 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament on July 5th and 6th for the 2019 Freedom Days!
The Mustang Booster Club is throwing a Golf Tournament on Saturday, June 16th!