George-Little Rock Mission Statement
The mission of the George-Little Rock School District is to provide quality education by promoting lifelong learning.
George-Little Rock Iowa Core Vision Statement
- Each and every K-12 student will be taught the essential concepts and skill sets identified in the Iowa Core Curriculum for life in the 21st century.
- Each K-12 educator will embed the essential concepts and skill sets in rigorous and relevant instruction informed by ongoing formative assessment.
- Each and every educational leader will support and ensure an aligned system of curriculum, instruction and assessment focused on the ICC essential concepts and skill sets.
- The Iowa Department of Education, Northwest AEA, George-Little Rock School District, parents, community, business leaders and students will work together to provide the necessary systems of support for each student’s success.
George-Little Rock Beliefs
We believe that:
- All people can learn and succeed.
- Every person is a valued participant in the lifelong learning process.
- Application of knowledge enhances learning.
- The basic moral attitudes of the community will be reflected in our educational program.
- All people must learn to adapt to change.
- All people have worth.
- Quality education is the foundation of a productive society.
- Education plays a vital role in developing a well-rounded individual.
- Education must take place in a safe environment.
- High expectations are a must.
If you would like information about GLR schools or if there is any way we can assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to give you more information about any of our schools.
Latest News & Announcements
George-Little Rock Community School is HIRING School Transportation DRIVERS FOR School Bus and/or Vehicles
The George-Little Rock Community School District is accepting sealed bids for a 1998 Ford Club Wagon Van with 149,585…
George Little Rock Schools presents The Holiday Channel Christmas Movie Wonderthon as their fall play this year!
On Wednesday night, August 28, 2019, the George-Little Rock Board of Education accepted the resignation of Interim Superintendent Les…
Strong public schools depend on effective leadership
invest in the future — get on board.