George-Little Rock Mission Statement
The mission of the George-Little Rock School District is to provide quality education by promoting lifelong learning.
George-Little Rock Iowa Core Vision Statement
- Each and every K-12 student will be taught the essential concepts and skill sets identified in the Iowa Core Curriculum for life in the 21st century.
- Each K-12 educator will embed the essential concepts and skill sets in rigorous and relevant instruction informed by ongoing formative assessment.
- Each and every educational leader will support and ensure an aligned system of curriculum, instruction and assessment focused on the ICC essential concepts and skill sets.
- The Iowa Department of Education, Northwest AEA, George-Little Rock School District, parents, community, business leaders and students will work together to provide the necessary systems of support for each student’s success.
George-Little Rock Beliefs
We believe that:
- All people can learn and succeed.
- Every person is a valued participant in the lifelong learning process.
- Application of knowledge enhances learning.
- The basic moral attitudes of the community will be reflected in our educational program.
- All people must learn to adapt to change.
- All people have worth.
- Quality education is the foundation of a productive society.
- Education plays a vital role in developing a well-rounded individual.
- Education must take place in a safe environment.
- High expectations are a must.
If you would like information about GLR schools or if there is any way we can assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to give you more information about any of our schools.
Latest News & Announcements
Beginning Wednesday, April 10, 2019 rural bus routes will be hard surface only until further notice.
As we close out Music in Our Schools Month in March, we are excited to announce that George-Little Rock…
George/Little Rock, IA- March 26, 2019 – The George-Little Rock School District has been honored with the Best Communities…
We are doing another Mustang Gear sale for our spring/summer sports!
The 2019 Spring Swing is just around the corner!
The George-Little Rock Swing Choir and Jazz Band will be performing…
The weather has been challenging. To date, we have had six late starts and six cancelled days of school….
Open gym will be available on Sunday afternoons from 3-5 p.m. at the G-LR High School gym in George.
As we look forward to the promise of spring and slush instead of snow and ice, I invite you…
An All-State nomination – either performing or nonperforming – is a crowning achievement for any speech student. Congratulations to these 16…