George-Little Rock Mission Statement
The mission of the George-Little Rock School District is to provide quality education by promoting lifelong learning.
George-Little Rock Iowa Core Vision Statement
- Each and every K-12 student will be taught the essential concepts and skill sets identified in the Iowa Core Curriculum for life in the 21st century.
- Each K-12 educator will embed the essential concepts and skill sets in rigorous and relevant instruction informed by ongoing formative assessment.
- Each and every educational leader will support and ensure an aligned system of curriculum, instruction and assessment focused on the ICC essential concepts and skill sets.
- The Iowa Department of Education, Northwest AEA, George-Little Rock School District, parents, community, business leaders and students will work together to provide the necessary systems of support for each student’s success.
George-Little Rock Beliefs
We believe that:
- All people can learn and succeed.
- Every person is a valued participant in the lifelong learning process.
- Application of knowledge enhances learning.
- The basic moral attitudes of the community will be reflected in our educational program.
- All people must learn to adapt to change.
- All people have worth.
- Quality education is the foundation of a productive society.
- Education plays a vital role in developing a well-rounded individual.
- Education must take place in a safe environment.
- High expectations are a must.